Not everyone knows everything on buying female body armor so here are few points to choosing the right gear for your needs.
- Determine first the level of protection you most likely will need. Evaluate the type of danger you face on a daily basis. Surveys or records of shooting history or about wars and the types of weapon (firearms, knives, etc) may also help to determine what type of armor you should buy. Usually, there is an agency that will determine the level for protection of its officers.
- Be familiar with the materials used to make the body armor. familiarity and know-how on the types of materials being used will be helpful for you to know what type of armor you will buy. Knowing both the advantages and disadvantages of the material being used will make your decision to buy which kind of armor easy.
- Buy from a verified manufacturer. Always check if the seller is a NIJ (National Institute of Justice) of HOSDB compliant and certified. In the website of NIJ, there are a list of certified manufacturers and sellers. There are standards being set by NIJ to ensure that these manufacturers only make top of the line body armor.
- It is best to buy brand new body armor rather than buying used ones. This is to ensure that you will get a proper fit vest. The body armor experienced wear and tear due to environmental conditions. As a consequence, they lose their ballistic properties. Do not put your life in danger just because you can spend less. It is better to save your life than save money.
- Reassure that everything is okay from comfort, fit down to very important thing: safety. This is a life-saving equipment therefore, always check and recheck that everything you needed for safety and comfort is there. You wouldn’t want to risk your life in an ill-made female body armor right?